Declaring Items for Surplus
For Workflow/Electronic Submissions
- Download Equipment Surplus Excel Form. Enter your equipment data and save the file.
- Log in to Banner Workflow.
- Initiate a workflow instance. Under User Profile on the left menu, go to “My Processes,” then click “FIN_Equipment Surplus Processing.” Use the following format for the Workflow Specifics Name: ES-[Mesa login]-[Department Name]-[Date in YYMMDD] (ex. ES-GMASON-FISCAL SERVICES-150224). Select “Start Workflow.” You will see “The workflow was started successfully.” Select “Ok.”
- Refresh the Worklist by clicking “Worklist” on the left menu (you might have to click on “worklist” a couple of times before you see your instance). Once your Workflow instance appears, click on it and fill out the online form.
- Select “Attach” at the bottom of the form. On the “Attach File” Screen, click “Browse” and find your saved Surplus Excel form. Select the radio button beside “EquipmentSurplusForm” and select “Attach.”
- Select “Complete.” You should receive an e-mail from the Workflow system that says “Your Equipment Surplus form has been successfully submitted.” If you receive an error message, contact email@example.com for assistance.
The Surplus Property Staff will:
- Arrange to have all surplus equipment removed in a timely manner, typically within five business days.
- Process all barcodes into the surplus database and keep a file of original forms.
- Communicates any changes to Fixed Assets.