Mason requires all contractors or those operating in an business capacity to enroll in one of its electronic payment options in order to receive payment. Failure to enroll in an electronic payment option or making an error in enrollment will not constitute a delay in payment on behalf of the university. Please review the options and enroll below.
A FREE service offered by Bank of America, Paymode, is available for vendors (not sole proprietors) to securely receive electronic payments.
Participation in this initiative will yield the following benefits:
- Saves time and money – Paymode-X reduces the labor, expense and risk associated with checks.
- Enhances cash flow – Paymode-X expedites the receipt of funds by eliminating mail and paper check
- Fits with existing systems and banking practices – PayMode-X requires no software purchases, no
modifications to your existing accounts receivable systems, and no changes to your bank or bank
- Includes detailed remittance information – PayMode-X enables delivery of digital remittance
information along with the payment for easier reconciliation.
- Provides history of payments – A detailed history of all PayMode-X payments from George Mason
University will be readily available on the PayMode-X website.
- Environmentally friendly- paperless, electronic payments are more secure, save money and help to
conserve the environment by eliminating printing and mailing of paper checks.
Click here to enroll online.
All vendors and suppliers may choose to enroll in Bank of America’s Virtual Payables credit card product. Please note that your standard merchant credit card processing fees will apply to these payments.
Benefits of participation in Virtual Payables:
- Enhances cash flow – vendors are eligible for early payment terms (Net 20 days).
- Saves time and money – reduces the labor, expense and risks associated with checks.
- Requires no change to current invoicing procedures.
- Provides better control by eliminating the need to provide bank information for ACH payments.
- Environmentally friendly- paperless, electronic payments are more secure, save money and help to conserve the environment by eliminating printing and mailing of paper checks.
To enroll in Virtual Payables, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to enroll and the following information:
- Company’s legal name
- Company’s EIN#
- Company’s remittance address
- Contact person’s name and email
Commonwealth of Virginia Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
Sole proprietors, vendors, and suppliers may choose to enroll in the Commonwealth of Virginia’s EDI Program for electronic disbursements. Please complete and submit the appropriate enrollment form located at https://www.doa.virginia.gov/forms.shtml#edi. Submission instructions are on the form.
Please direct questions via email to email@example.com or to the EDI hotline at (804) 692-0473.