As a general rule, cannibalization is permitted for the purpose of repairing a similar damaged piece of equipment, when the damaged item is so old that spare parts would be difficult to obtain.
Required Process before cannibalizing equipment with a book value of $5,000 or more is performed:
- Departments must:
- Contact Financial Reporting to have the equipment inspected and certified for cannibalization.
- Complete a Request for Authority to Cannibalize Equipment Form with appropriate signatures.
- Forward the form to the Financial Reporting Office.
- Equipment Loss Form
- Request for Authority to Cannibalize Equipment Form
- Equipment Surplus Excel Form (for Workflow/Electronic submission)
- Equipment Surplus - Initiator Quick Reference (for Workflow/Electronic submission)
- Equipment Surplus - Initiator User Guide (for Workflow/Electronic submission)