What Is eVA? >>
eVA is the Commonwealth of Virginia’s e-procurement system for goods and services purchased by state agencies and institutions. Most non P-Card eVA orders integrate with Banner Finance and funds are immediately encumbered for those transactions. eVA orders are approved and received electronically.
eVA Purchases and Payment Transactions >>
Buyers at George Mason University use the eVA e-Mall application to purchase goods and services that cost less than $2,000. This application allows items to be purchased through an integrated web-based “punchout” catalog or ordered as “non-catalog items” identified in a vendor’s independent online or paper catalog.
Orders are submitted electronically to a number of registered vendors, but may also, at the vendor’s option, be submitted by fax or mail.
Most purchase and payment transactions are processed in eVA except:
- Conference registration fees.
- Employee reimbursements.
- Small over-the-counter purchases made with the P-Card.
Must be made at the site of the sale and picked up by the cardholder. This does NOT include orders placed on a vendor’s website or by telephone.
- Individual travel and lodging
- Payments to the US Department of Homeland Security
- Honorarium payments less than $2,000
- Wire transfers
- Moving and relocation (except contracted moving van services)
- Prepayments (limited)
- Business Cards.
Business cards for George Mason faculty and staff must be ordered with a P-Card through Creative Services. No eVA entry is required. A blanket order has been issued by Purchasing Office staff.
Items Exempt from eVA Fees
These items should be entered with the PO category of X02.
- Professional organization membership dues.
- Entertainment payments, including speakers, lecturers, musicians, and performing artists.
- This category does NOT include consultants, seminar facilitators or contracted workshop instructors.
- Honorarium payments $2,000 or above.
- Accreditation fees and academic testing services.
- Advertisements in newspapers, magazines, journals, radio or television.
- Real estate leases.
- Exhibition rental fees for exhibitions of historical artifacts or works of art.
- Public Utilities (electric, natural gas, water, sewer).
- Purchases from public auctions (non-electronic).
Request an eVA Account>>
- Fill out the eVA Login Request Form
- Review eVA Login Request Instructions
- Send the form to FAST
- Email: email@example.com (preferred method if possible)
- MSN 4B2
- Fax: 703-993-2920
- You must fill out both pages:
- All bolded sections on the first page.
- Obtain all signature on the second page.
- You must include the funds and/or orgs you need purchasing authority to.
- Obtain (or route the form through) your Finance Banner liaison prior to sending to FAST by visiting Departmental Banner Liaisons.
FAST Process >>
- Users will receive a notification email from FAST with links to the following systems within 24 hours of our receipt of the form:
- eVA login page – Sign in as a buyer.
- eVA Customer Support at Mason
- eVA Customer Care in Richmond at eVA
Phone: (866) 289-7367
- If you do NOT receive a notification for few days, email FAST to check on the status of the form. It could be possible that we never received it.
If you need more information about purchasing rules, regulations, or procedures, please see Purchasing section.
Change eVA Password >>