Apply for a Refund of Social Security and/or Medicare Tax Withheld in Error


If Social Security or Medicare taxes were withheld in error from pay that is not subject to these taxes, contact the employer who withheld the taxes for a refund. If you are unable to obtain a full refund of the amount from your employer, file a claim for refund with the Internal Revenue Service on Form 843, Claim for Refund and Request for Abatement. Attach the following items to Form 843.

Items to be Attached to Form 843 >>

Items to File to Obtain Refund >>


For Questions: