Know about 1098T Form
Form 1098-T is used to claim one of the Education Tax Credits (“Hope” or “Lifetime Learning”) on income tax returns.
International students who are nonresidents for tax purposes are not eligible for these tax credits. You may keep Form 1098-T for your records, but you will not need this form to prepare your income tax forms.
You may download your Mason 1098-T form from Patriot Web.
- IRS website
- IRS Forms and Publications
- Social Security Administration
- International Students And Social Security Numbers
- Your Social Security Number And Card
- Social Security Numbers for Noncitizens
- Identify Theft and Your Social Security Number
- Information for Foreign Students and Scholars – IRS website
- Tax Treaty Text Listed by Country
- Handbook for Employers