Who Needs to Visit the Office?
Foreign national nonimmigrant visa holders (including Canadian walkovers) receiving payments of any type or financial benefit from Mason are required to visit the International Tax Office.
Payments will not be processed until the interview has occurred.
Examples of Payments or Financial Benefits from Mason to a Foreign National:
- Wages from employment (i.e. on-campus student employment, graduate assistants, faculty)
- Scholarships and fellowships
- Awards and prizes
- Honorarium and other payments for independent personal services
- IRS website
- IRS Forms and Publications
- Social Security Administration
- International Students And Social Security Numbers
- Your Social Security Number And Card
- Social Security Numbers for Noncitizens
- Identify Theft and Your Social Security Number
- Information for Foreign Students and Scholars – IRS website
- Tax Treaty Text Listed by Country
- Handbook for Employers