Before a Purchase Order can be created, the department user must verify the vendor is in the eVA and Banner systems and has been assigned a vendor identification number.
Search for a Vendor in eVA
The eVA homepage provides a vendor search. In addition to verifying that the vendor is registered with eVA, the user may determine if a vendor is SWAM certified, accepts the P-Card, and/or accepts orders electronically.
- Access the vendor search list prior to logging into the eVA system.
- At the bottom of the eVA Homepage under “Tools” click on “eVA Vendor List”
- Search the listing by entering any portion of the vendor’s name. For example, if you want to find pizza suppliers, type “pizza” in the search field. This will bring up all related locations and vendor names.
Ensure Vendor is in Banner
- Ask the vendor to complete the Substitute W-9 and upload through the Vendor Portal.
Does the Vendor Accept Credit Cards or Electronic Orders
eVA search specifies the vendor’s acceptance of credit cards or electronic orders.
- On the right-hand side of the screen, a “Y” in the “Accepts Elect Ordering” column indicates that the vendor will accept electronic orders
- An “N” in that field indicates that the vendor will not accept electronic orders.
- Selecting the Vendor ID will give additional details on the vendor including a contact number and name for the vendor.
Orders to Non-eVA Registered Vendors
If a vendor is not located in the eVA Vendor Search the end-user should send an email to the vendor requesting that they create an eVA vendor account. Vendor registration information is available at https://eva.virginia.gov/i-sell-to-virginia.html.
- If the vendor is unwilling to self-register in eVA the vendor must submit a Substitute W-9 or W-8 BEN (international) through the vendor maintenance portal. The vendor will then be set up as “state entered vendor”
- If payment will be paid through the Accounts Payable process (check or direct deposit) a note should be added to request a G# be created as it relates to a newly registered eVA vendor.
Purchasing from Foreign Vendors/Payments to Foreign National
Any purchase from a foreign vendor must be reviewed by the International Tax Office in Fiscal Services before the purchase order is issued.
The IRS W-8Ben form should be requested from first-time vendors. Additional information is available at the International Tax page.