Learn about P-Card & eVA
Learn about eVA >>
Click here for more information about eVA.
Complete a P-Card Purchase through eVA >>
- Register the P-Card with eVA (see Registration Instructions).
- Identify an eVA vendor that sells the required good or service and accepts a credit card as a form of payment.
- Create a requisition in eVA for the items desired. The P-Card will be the default payment method once the card is registered.
- Print a copy of the eVA order (PCO) and retain with other original documentation such as receipts, packing slips, etc.
- Sign into Bank of America Works and allocate the transaction to the correct fund/org and account before the monthly deadline. Enter the PCO or EP number in the “eVA order number or exempt” field.
- Ensure that the P-Card Supervisor approves the transaction in Bank of America Works before the deadline.
Place Orders Directly with the Vendor >>
In cases where an eVA vendor’s website contains essential ordering details making it a more efficient method of purchasing, cardholders may place the order directly with the vendor.
A confirming order, or “record” of the purchase, must be entered in eVA.
Purchase Over the Counter >>
A cardholder may pay for goods/services at the vendor’s place of business with his/her P-Card.
- Inform the vendor that you are purchasing on behalf of the university and are tax-exempt.
- Retain receipts for the purchase.
- Sign into Bank of America Works and allocate the transaction to the correct fund/org and account before the monthly deadline. Over-the-counter purchases are exempt; therfore, no eVA entry is required. In the “eVA order number or exempt” field, type “exempt.”
- Ensure that the P-Card Supervisor approves the transaction before the monthly deadline.
Since these types of purchases are exempt, no eVA entry is required.
Food and Beverage Expenditures >>
The use of the P-Card is generally NOT authorized for food and beverage expenditures.
Food and beverage expenditures are subject to the requirements and limitations of University Policy 2102, “Food and Beverage Expenditures”.
Required Process for Temporarily Food & Beverages Restriction Lift
The cardholder or his/her P-Card supervisor must:
- Submit a written request to the P-card Administrator.
- The request must include:
- Description of the event for which the food/beverages are being purchased.
- Proposed vendor.
- Estimated cost.
- Number (or estimated number) of Mason faculty/staff who will be present.
- Number (or estimated number) of Mason students who will be present.
- Date and length of time for the food & beverages restriction left.