Use International Wire Transfer
Wire transfer should not be used for payments when Purchase Card (P-card) or any other standard form of payment is acceptable.
The Wire Transfer form is used to request an international wire transfer.
Procedures for Paying a vendor with a Wire Transfer
- Complete the Wire Transfer Form.
- Attach the following to the form:
- Vendor invoice.
- The approval of the approving official for the Fund and Org.
- All supporting documentation.
International Wire Transfer Form Instructions
- Section A: Requesting Department Information
- Dept. Name: Enter the name of your department.
- Contact Name: Enter your name as the person Accounts Payable will contact with questions.
- Phone Number: Enter your telephone number.
- Email address: Enter your email address.
- Fund/Org and account code to be charged: Enter the Banner Fund or Organization (5 or 6 digits) and Account (5 digits) to charge. If there is an activity code associated with the charge, enter it here (6 digits). View the expenditure account codes list.
- Signature of Approving official for Fund/Org: Signature of the approving official for the fund/Org is required.
- Section B: Payee Information
- Account Number: Enter the payee bank account information.
- Is the Payee a nonimmigrant visa holder? If it is a yes, the request must be submitted to International Tax Office, MSN 4B2.
- Payee Name: Enter the name as it appears on the account.
- Address: This is optional but if the address field is used, you must enter the full street address.
- Section C: Domestic Wire Information
In most circumstances, Accounts Payable will not wire payments to domestic vendors. Please see our ACH option (Paymode-X). Please contact Accounts Payable at 3-2580 for unusual situations.
- Section D: International Wire Information
- Amount and Currency: Enter the amount of the request. AP can process the wire transfer either in U.S. dollars or in several foreign currencies (EUR, GBP, etc.). If the amount is $2,000 or more, the request must be approved by Purchasing at MSN 3C5. If it is a subcontract invoice, the invoice must be approved by the Office of Sponsored Programs. Otherwise, send directly to Accounts Payable.
- US corresponding Bank Name and ABA: This is optional. You may leave it blank if the information is not available.
- International Bank Name and SWIFT/ IBAN code: enter the Beneficiary Financial Institution Name and the SWIFT/IBAN code.
- IRC – International Routing Code: Required by certain countries which are highlighted in the Wire Transfer Instructions
- Country: enter the name of the country.
- Date Wire required by: Enter the date that you would like the payment released.
- Memo Reference: Use this section to provide AP any special request. Otherwise, the vendor invoice number may be indicated.