What Is Banner, ePrint & MicroStrategy? >>
Banner is a comprehensive information system that integrates the Finance, Student and Human Resources functions at the University.
The finance module of this administrative software is used to record financial information resulting from the transactions at the University. It stores data in an Oracle relational database, and users view information via a web based self-service system, the e-Print standardized reports or by using Oracle Discoverer query and reporting tool.
Internet Native Banner is used by some departments including the Budget Office, General Accounting, Purchasing, Office of Sponsored Programs, Human Resources and Accounts Payable, as well as various users throughout the university to input financial transactions.
Banner Finance Self Service, used by departmental representatives, is a web based interface that allows users to extract information from Internet Native Banner and view it in a user friendly format. The data is posted in real time. The budget status query allows users to view information on budgets, revenues, and expenditures for an organization. Increasingly detailed information on transactions may be obtained through a process referred to as drilling.
e~Print is a clearing house for standard financial reports. These reports are static and are current as
of the run date listed on the report.
Microstrategy is the business intelligence tool used by the University to analyze Banner financial data. MicroStrategy reports are developed from Banner data and refreshed daily. These reports allow for summary drilling for direct expenditures and provide department users with detailed labor information that is not available in Banner Finance Self Service. MicroStrategy reports may be exported to Excel for further analysis. MicroStrategy has an expense application and a revenue and expense application. The reconciliation certification can be accessed through MicroStrategy which includes a formatted signature and date line for each Org.
Request Access to Banner Self-Service >>
- Fill out the Banner Access Request Form
- Review Banner Access Request Form Instructions
- Send the form to FAST
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method if possible)
- MSN 4B2
- Fax: 703-993-2920
- You must:
- Include funds and/or orgs (in the “Finance Self-Service” section of the form).
- Obtain (or route the form through) your Finance Banner liaison prior to sending to FAST by visiting Departmental Banner Liaisons.
- Include the security classes or Banner forms you need (in the “INB Access” section) if you need INB access.
- If you are requesting access to Student Accounts forms (any forms that starts with a T like TSSAREV), send the form to Pat Quinn in Student Accounts. He will approve that access and forward the form to FAST for processing.
If you already have Banner access, and are requesting an additional fund and/or org:
FAST Process >>
- Users will receive a notification email from FAST with all links to the following systems within 24 hours of our receipt of the form:
- If you did NOT receive a notification for few days, email FAST to check on the status of the form. It could be possible that we never received it.
- The most basic finance user is automatically granted: Banner Self-Service, Discoverer, and basic ePrint reports for the funds and orgs requested.
Change Banner Password >>