Learn the Basics >>
Vendor Set Up/Update (G number) >>
Routing Vendor Invoices >>
- Ensure Prompt and Accurate payment. Mason is subject to and complies with the Virginia State Prompt Payment Statutes, which mandate that invoices must be paid within 30 calendar days after the receipt of goods, services or invoice whichever is later; or the due date specified in the vendor’s contract. To avoid paying interest on late payments, departments should process invoices promptly.
- All purchase order invoices must have a valid and current purchase order number in order to be processed.
- To expedite payments, vendors may email invoices directly to Accounts Payable at email@example.com in a PDF format.
- Invoices may also be mailed to:
George Mason University
4400 University Drive MS 3C1
Fairfax, VA 22030
- Invoices must bill “George Mason University”.
- Invoices must contain:
- A valid purchase order number, (EP number and follow up 5 or 6 digit number), or a subcontract award number for sponsored projects
- A unique invoice number
- Invoice date
- Invoice total
- Vendor remittance address
- If purchase orders are less than $2,000 and items have been received or services have been performed, the order initiator may log in to eVA and complete the electronic receiving process. Completing this step will ensure that the payment process begins, and the vendor will be paid timely.
- If purchase orders are $2,000 or over, Accounts Payable staff will email a request that the department/unit representative approve the invoice for payment.
- Note: Invoices should not be mailed directly to ordering departments.
If a vendor sends the invoice to a department, forward it to the address above. Ensure a valid, current PO and an approval is noted on the invoice.
Request Copies of the Invoice >>
To obtain an invoice copy, email Accounts Payable at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-993-2580.
Vendor Payment Methods >>
The university has adopted two electronic methods of issuing payment to vendors and suppliers. The electronic methods replace the traditional paper check process and will provide vendor with quicker access to payments for goods and services. Click here for additional information on Electronic Disbursements.
Vendor Returns a Check >>
Write VOID across the check and return the check to Accounts Payable immediately. Accounts Payable will cancel the check and refund the money to your Org/Fund.
- Complete the Stop Payment Authorization form and fax the complete form to 703-993-2589.
- If the check has been cashed, Accounts Payable notifies the unit and provides a copy of the endorsed check if required.
- If the check has not been cash, Accounts Payable submits a stop payment for the original check and reissue payments.
Confirm a Check >>